The 1st Annual Suffolk County/Boston Qualifier Marathon will be held on Sunday September 13. This marathon will proceed from Heckshire State Park along Montauk Hwy through Patchogue. During the marathon Montauk Hwy will be closed to all vehicular traffic including crossing Montauk Hwy. Please plan accordingly.
For more information please visit the Suffolk Marathon Website.
It is with the deepest regret that the Bayport Fire Department and Bayport Fire District announces that dispatcher Jeannette Felice Thorne has answered her last alarm. Thank you Jeannette for serving our community for all these years. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Felice and Thorne families.
Some Facts about Thunderstorms:
- Storms may occur singly, in clusters, or in lines
- Ten percent of storms are severe - high winds and hail
- Storms typically produce heavy rain for a brief period
- Warm, humid conditions are favorable for storm development
- A typical thunderstorm is 15 miles in diameter and lasts for about 30 minutes
- Severe thunderstorms can produce large hail or have winds of at least 58 mph
- Some wind gusts can exceed 100 mph and produce tornado-like damage
Types of Weather Warnings
- A dangerous weather or event is occurring or imminent
- Likely significant threat to life or property
- Take protective action immediately
- Weather conditions are favorable for a hazardous weather event
- Stay alert to changing conditions
- Make alternate plans
- Be aware of possible shelter or evacuation routes
- Less hazardous weather conditions or less specific locations
- Weather may still pose significant inconvenience, damage or injury
- Situations are possible that could threaten life or property